The Subtext from the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference July 28, 2008Posted by Glenn Irvine in Commentary, Competitive, Events, Media.
Tags: AMR Research, Competitive, Glenn Irvine, Lotus Position, Media, Microsoft, Partner Conference
A very interesting article out by AMR Research, titled “Not Swag: Six Takeaways from Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference” outlines 6 key issues that the analyst feels either needs to be addressed or Microsoft Partners need to take on board.
- A need to return to innovation rather than following innovation
- Deliberate dependency on the channel
- Partners need to adapt to the new models of Microsoft business (esp. SaaS)
- Sharepoint, Sharepoint, and more Sharepoint
- Deskless Worker and Mobility initiatives
- Increasing Apple Competitive focus
The focus on Sharepoint, Mobility, Saas delivery, and Apple competition are all areas that have an impact on the Lotus market, and are well worth understanding by Lotus Partners.